STATEMENT OF FAITH
The statement of faith of Siloam Evangelical Church is summarized in the following points:
1. The SCRIPTURES We believe that the entire bible is the inspired word of God and that men of God “were moved by the holy spirit” to write the very words of scripture. The bible is therefore without error (inerrant) in its original manuscripts. God has supernaturally preserved the bible and it is the sole and final authority for the faith and life providing encouragement, guidance, comfort and instruction for training in righteousness. (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20-21)
2. The GODHEAD (TRINITY) We believe in one true God eternally existing in three distinct persons (father, son and holy spirit) each of whom is fully and equally God; possesses all of divine nature and attributes, and totally worthy of our worship and services. (Deut 6:4; Matt 28:19; John 1:14, 10:30; 2 Cor 13:14).
3. GOD THE FATHER We believe that God the father is the first person of the trinity and is the eternal, unchanging, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-wise, all-loving, completely just and perfectly holy, sovereign ruler and sustainer of the universe. He is the father of our lord and savior Jesus Christ and the father of all true believers. (Gen 1:1; Eph 4:6; Rom 8:14-16
4. GOD THE SON We believe that Jesus Christ is the second person of the trinity and is the only begotten eternal son of God who became flesh to reveal Got to man, to fulfill prophecy, and to become the savior of the lost world. In becoming man Jesus did not cease in any way to be God so that he is fully man inseparably united in one person forever. Jesus was miraculously conceived by the holy spirit; born of the virgin Mary; lived a sinless life; died on the cross as the substitution, all sufficient atoning sacrifice for all of the sins of all men of all the time; was buried; bodily rose from the dead; physically ascended into heaven in his glorified, resurrected body; is seated at the right hand of the father performing his ministry of intercession will return in the air to claim his bride the church and will come again to earth in bodily form personally and visibly to conclude human history and consummate God’s eternal plan by executing judgement and ushering in his millennial kingdom reign to be followed by the eternal state. (John 1:11, 14, 18; 3:16; Phil 2:5-8; Mark 10:45; Heb 10: 5-14; Rev 19:11-21).
5. GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity who specially came into the world on the day of the Pentecost to glorify Christ and to enable men appropriate the salvation wrought by Christ. He is the primary agent for the conviction of sin and for regeneration. Simultaneously with the salvation, the Holy Spirit imparts new life, baptizes believer into the body of Christ (his church), permanently indwells the believer, and securely seals the believer unto the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit fills (directs and controls) those believers who are yielded to him, enables believers to bear fruit and empowers believers to live the life free from sin’s dominion. We also believe that the Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to believers for edifying the church in accordance with the teachings of scripture. (1 Cor 13:8, 14:22; Eph 1:13-14; Rom 8:5-13).